Coffee + Quinoa
An odd + awesome combination. Add chocolate and the effect is that of a Mocha Latte!
I have a hard time eating eggs for breakfast willingly. And oatmeal doesn’t exactly knock my socks off. So quinoa is a perfect protein filled substitution. Plus it’s more malleable flavor-wise to turn it into whatever you’re feeling at the moment.
Fruit quinoa? Easy. Savory quinoa? Done. Coffee quinoa? Yes please!
T H E R E C I P E
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 cup rinsed quinoa
- 12 oz. brewed coffee
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can coconut cream
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
S T E P S
- Combine quinoa, coffee + coconut milk in rice cooker.
- Set to “White Rice” setting.
- Approx. 30 minutes later serve up warm bowls of coffee quinoa!
- Top with dollops of coconut cream + chocolate chips. ✓
This recipe was made using a rice cooker but you could also make it over the stove for more immediate results!